First Christian Church of Allen, Texas
“Sharing the Love of Jesus, Growing in Faith, Serving in God's Name”
Sunday School: 9:30 a.m.
Worship: 10:30 a.m.
Pastored by the Rev. Dr. Wyatt Fenno, First Christian Church serves the North Texas community of Allen.
Children’s and Youth Ministries
Here at First Christian Church of Allen, we believe that the youth are not only the future of the church, we feel they are the present. We have very active youth programs such as:
- Wonderful Wednesdays – An activity during the summer months where the youth go to local theme parks and museums.
- Even Youth – Which is the Sunday youth meeting where the youth have fun and learn more about God.
- Sunday School – We have classes for all ages of youth from pre-school to high-school.
- Youth Sunday – Where the youth lead the morning worship service including the sermon.
- Complete Camping Ministry, through the North Texas Area of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
If you are seeking a "higher" education (thought provoking pun intended), then look no further. People of all ages, from toddler to adult are invited to join us each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. Youth classes are arranged by age groups, and nursery care is provided for newborns to age two. Adults enjoy their own class, an opportunity to apply the lessons of the Bible to our everyday lives.
Disciples Women Fellowship
Disciples Women Fellowship provides opportunities for spiritual growth, enrichment, education and service within our church community. Disciples Women Fellowship meets at the church on the second Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. and is open to all women of the church. On-going service projects include the following:
- Collections of Campbell's Soup Labels, a source of fund raising for those in need
- Meals for shut-ins and for those coming home from the hospital
- Monthly meals for the Samaritan Inn (shelter for families in nearby McKinney)
- Juliette Fowler Homes (nursing home) birthday celebrations
- Senior Citizens lunches at St. Jude
- Thanksgiving baskets for families in the community that are in need
- Christmas Angel Tree gifts for youngsters in the community that are in need
- FCC's Annual Easter Egg Hunt
Disciples Men Fellowship
The men of the church gather for Christian Fellowship on the second Saturday of each month from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. to share a breakfast prepared by one of the men. A topic is introduced by one of the men at each meeting, and a reflective discussion is a key part of each breakfast gathering. Disciples Men Fellowship also serves the church through various projects.