This congregation is an off-shoot of the first Christian Church in Texas, located at the settlement of Mantua. When this church closed in the late 1800s, members moved to various communities along the H&TC Railroad. Some members met in a private home in Anna, and the existing church was later built in 1893. The congregation is small in number but has recently built a Family Life Building. With the population of Anna soon to reach 10,000, the church is experiencing some growth with the prospects of more in the future.
The church is located in Anna on the east side of the railroad near the water tower in the old area of town. Driving north or south on Tx Highway 5, turn east on 4th Street (Independent Bank), cross over the railroad, turn right, and look for a white church with steeple.
The church will be having a dedication on April 5, 2009, at 3:00 pm in the new building. For more information call 972-924-3927
Adult Sunday School 10:00 am
Children’s Sunday School 11:00 am
Worship Service 11:00 am
Rev. Don Stockford (interim minister)